In Blackaby’s Experiencing GOD, he shares his assumption that one needs to already have a relationship with Jesus as Lord and Savior in order to really get something out of his book.
“If you have not made this most important decision in your life, the rest of this book will have little meaning for you…” (p. 2).
I concur with Henry’s prerequisite, but his introductory premise sparked some curious questions in my head that I pose here in hopes you might have answers or at least opinions.
- What does it mean to “have a relationship with Jesus Christ?”
- What decisions have to be made to make the relationship with Jesus happen?
- Can a person be a church member [In the case of my/our faith, Seventh-day Adventist] and not have a relationship with Jesus? Explain.
- Where is the best place to get or start a relationship with Christ?
- How can people love Jesus and not love the church? Or visa versa?
- What are the differences between being a Christian, being a Seventh-day Adventists, and being a Christ-follower? What are the similarities? Does it matter? Explain?
- Who is authorized to help a person to get a relationship with Jesus?
- What role does Jesus play in my life? Really. Honestly.
You don’t have to respond to all, but sure would love to see/read what’s on your mind for some of these questions that popped up for me.