Recently I presented a workshop at the 2010 Worship and Music Conference held at Andrews University. I did so on behalf of Dr. Allan Martin and his research into the topic. For those of you who have been asking about the materials I used in the presentation, I thought I’d upload the Powerpoint (w/presenters notes, and reference section), the handout I gave, as well as a link to the video used.
As a bonus, you can download the entire book Lost and Found by surfing over to threadsmedia.com/research and following their instructions there. This is a $25 value here! Both Dr. Martin and I have quoted this book extensively, and find it an invaluable resource. Lost and Found, I believe, is one of the best young adult resources ministry leaders can have in their libraries today. This book, by Stetzer, Stanley and Hayes provides a practical thought stimulating primer on emerging young adult cultural values and what churches are doing to connect with them. Watch the video linked on the site, then download the book PDF. You’ll be glad you did!
.:: kasperjr.wordpress.com ::.
- Powerpoint: ABC’s & D’s of Young Adult Relationships and Worship Environments
- Powerpoint (presenter’s notes): ABCDs Worship Conference Workshop (Presentation Notes)
- Handout: ABC’s & D’s Workshop Handout
Follow these links to catch the rest of the materials Dr. Martin has put together following up on his webinar on the ABC’s and D’s of Young Adult Relationships a couple weeks ago:
- Link to Praxis Paper. The paper also includes it’s own references bibliography which provides you original resources to peruse: ABC’s and D’s of Young Adult Ministry
- Along with the Praxis Paper comes Dr. Martin’s presentation slides from the original seminar he conducted. The PowerPoint presentation (6 mb) comes in .ppt format. (Here is the PDF of the powerpoint presentation (1 mb))
- Link to a comprehensive Discipleship Bibliography. This bibliography actually is in the back of Dr. Martin’s book, GODencounters: Pursuing a 24/7 Experience of Jesus, and offers discipleship resources contoured to the eight young adult discipleship themes.
Additionally, here are some links to other articles and resources helpful to read and gain more information on this subject of Young adult Ministry. These were all prepared or suggested by Dr. Martin in preparation for “ABC’s and D’s” Workshops:
- Burst the Bystander Effect: Making a Discipling Difference with Young Adults:http://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/2008/July/making-a-difference-with-young-adults
- Transcending Talk with Tithe: An Open Letter to the Leaders of the SDA Church: http://atoday.com/transcending-talk-tithe-open-letter-leaders-sda-church
- Embracing Those Who Reject Religion: An Interview with Roger Dudley:http://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/2009/January/embracing-those-who-reject-religion
- “The Bystander Effect”, Journal of Applied Christian Worship
- “Frantic Plans and Desperate Measures,” Ministry magazine
- Selected passages from Lost and Found: the younger unchurched and the churches that reach them.